POOJA ROOM VASTU
WHAT IS VASTU:
The traditional system of architecture that emerged in India is called “Vastu Shastra”. The term vastu means “dwelling place and Shastra means “teaching”. It is a science of Architecture that explains about the designs, measurements, layout, appearance, space, arrangements, directions, geometric spatial and other related stuff. Lord Vishwakarma is considered as the god of vastu architecture (Vastu Vidhya). Hence the overall theme of this Vastu is to unite the architecture along with nature, in order to bring a positive energy around the living place.
SIGNIFICANCE OF POOJA ROOM:
It is a sacred dwelling place for god in the place where we reside, which is used for spiritual worship and meditation. It is mandatory to have a pooja room in our living place which helps to create a positive atmosphere in and around. If there is not enough space to construct a pooja room, then a ready made pooja room can be used or a small altar can also be used.
PROCEDURE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF POOJA ROOM WITH VASTU:
- It is preferable to place or construct the pooja room by the East or North-East direction (heavenly direction)for best benefits.
- It should be placed at the ground floor at a low ceiling.
- It can be constructed in a shape of pyramid or gopuram shaped at the top.
- Colours like white, orange, silver, blue, yellow can be used to uplift the energy of the atmosphere.
NOTE: If there is no separate place for a pooja room, it can also be placed in the kitchen or living room closed with a curtain.
VASTU FOR DO’S AND DON’TS IN POOJA ROOM:
- The idols should be placed, facing the west and devotees facing the east side.
- The Diya should be placed and lighted facing the South-East corner.
- It should have a two door entry.
- The room should be maintained in a clean, tidy way.
- God idols should be placed few inches above the ground level( min 6 inches)
- It should be used only for prayer and meditation purposes.
- The pooja room should be made of wall or wood or marble.
- The storage things can be placed in the South-East direction.
- Images of the God perumal, vinayaka, lakshmi, saraswathi, murugan, ambal, Family god can be kept in the pooja room compulsorily( If necessary other desired idols can be kept with its respective procedures to be followed).
- As per the phrase-’Pray together,Stay together’ it is recommended to spend a few minutes in a pooja room daily along with family to get prosperity and joy.
- The room should not be overcrowded with too many deities.
- The photographs of dead or ancestors should not be placed inside the pooja room.
- It should not be placed with the wall that shares the toilet, below or above and facing the bedroom and never everyone to enter the pooja room.
- It should be constructed in glass or any other metals.
- Saneeshwarar and Navagraha images or idols should not be placed inside the pooja room.
- Damaged photos and idols should not be placed inside the pooja room.
- The storage stuff should not be placed above tha god idols.
THINGS TO BE PLACED INSIDE THE POOJA ROOM:
It is recommended to have these things called Ashtamangala porutkal inside the pooja room as per vastu( for both saivism and vaishnavism).
- Poorna kumbam( gold, silver, mud or copper).
- Swastika,Sri chakram, Srivatsam (Thirumaru).
- Marble or Copper pot with water
- It should be placed at North-East direction( Water should be changed daily)
- Mirror (Dharpana mandalam)
- Berigai (instrument)
- Sangu, Chakra
- Kunguma chimil, Santhana pela.
- Kashya bandhanam (garudan)
- Crystal kalasham
- Shri Yantra
- (Other items like meru, pyramid,gubera, buddha,lakshmi coins,gomati chakra, owl,
tortoise, laughing buddha, fish, elephant, crystal etc)
SCIENTIFIC REASONS BEHIND VASTU SHASTRA:
- The main principle reason behind the science of vastu is to bring a unity and harmony between the human creatures with nature in and around their building environment
- It helps in eliminating the negative vibed energy and attracting the positive vibes instead.
- It makes us get energy from 5 natural elements called air, water, earth, wind and fire.
- This tends to change the lifestyle of the living creatures.
- As the northeast direction is a divine corner, the act of human beings is responded to by science and reacts immediately to a similar direction.
Therefore, The Destiny of a person cannot be changed completely by means of Vastu, instead it can make the good things better and poor things less worse than before, under certain guidance, alterations and possible changes which are suitable for implementation.