கிருஷ்ண ஜெயந்தி சிறப்பு பூஜை பலன்கள் – வழிபாட்டு முறைகள்:
Sri Krishna Jayanthi is an auspicious festival of Hindus especially for Vaishnavas, which marks the celebration of Lord Krishna’s birth on this earth. Krishna avatar was originated to spread the ideas of Dharma to every mankind and eliminate the Adharma and evil vibes in the Dwapara yuga which is the preceding of Kali-yuga. He is the forefather of the Bhagavad Gita and incarnation of Lord Vishnu who came to the world to restore the cosmic order and Dharma.
WHEN IS KRISHNA JAYANTHI CELEBRATED?
The name Gokul Ashtami originated because of the day where Lord Krishna was born. Lord Krishna’s Avatar is 8th among 10 avatars of Lord Vishnu. Lord Krishna was born at midnight during the Ashtami tithi on Rohini star of Krishna paksha (dark fortnight of Hindu lunisolar calendar) in the month of August, September which is known as Bhadrapada month.
This year Krishna Jayanthi lies on the date of August 18, 2021.
According to the term Janmashtami, the word ‘Janm’ means ‘birth’ and ‘Ashtami ‘means ‘eighth day’. Hence lord Krishna originated as the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, who was born as the eighth son on the eighth tithi.
WHICH PLACES ARE FAMOUS FOR KRISHNA JAYANTHI CELEBRATION?
This Krishna Jayanthi festival is mostly celebrated in both northern and southern parts of India in a huge grand manner as the Lord Krishna Avatar originated in this land. Some of the important places are
- Mathura – Uttarpradesh -Birthplace of Krishna
- Vrindavan -Uttarpradesh – source place of Raasa Leela between Krishna and Radha
- Gokulam – Uttarpradesh – Place where he was brought and grew up
- Dwaraka – Gujarat – Kingdom of Lord Krishna arose
Apart from India, this Krishna Jayanthi festival is celebrated in various parts of the world such as Bangladesh(national holiday for Krishna Jayanthi), Nepal, Fiji, Pakistan, Singapore, USA, United Kingdom, and all other places where the devotees of Krishna reside.
REASONS BEHIND KRISHNA JAYANTHI CELEBRATION:
BIRTH OF LORD KRISHNA:
Lord Krishna was born as the 8th son of Vasudeva Anaka Dundubhi, a Yadava Prince, and his wife Devaki who is the sister of evil King Kamsa. Devaki’s Brother King Kamsa was told by a divine voice (asiriri), that the eighth child of the couple Vasudeva and Devaki will kill him and mark the end of his life.
With the thought of retention of his life, he jailed the couple and killed all the 7 children born to them. In order to save the life of their next child Vasudeva secretly carried his 8th child Krishna and exchanged it with the girl baby born in the cowherd tribe of Ayarpadi. During the travel from Mathura to Ayarpadi, a five-headed snake protected the divine baby from heavy rain and river flood in the river of Yamuna.
When King Kamsa was about to kill the exchanged 8th girl child, goddess Durga arose and reminded him that his death is for sure as Lord Krishna has been landed on the earth.
Later Lord Krishna grew up as a cowherd tribe boy in Gokul with his foster parents of the king Nandan and Yashoda in Vrindavan. At last, he killed king Kamsa denoting the victory of good over evil.
KRISHNA JAYANTHI POOJA METHOD:
Krishna Jayanthi is celebrated in different ways at different places according to their customs and traditions followed during ancient times.
- The first day before Krishna Jayanthi should be utilized for cleaning purposes.
- The pooja room and the holy place where the pooja is to be done should be made clean and tidy.
- Devotees may undertake fasting during this Krishna Jayanthi festival.
- Lord Krishna’s statue or photo should be decorated with flowers, jewels, clothes, and other decorations.
- Baby Krishna’s statues will be placed inside the cradle denoting the birth of baby Krishna.
- Lord Krishna’s Footprint is drawn out of rice flour from the front yard towards the pooja room indicating the welcoming and the arrival of little Krishna inside the holy place.
- Lord Krishna’s favorite food, snacks made of milk items, is offered to him on this auspicious day.
- Later the offerings are distributed and shared with children, dear and near.
- People visit Krishna temples to receive his blessings and perform poojas at home.
- Recitation of Bhagavad Purana, Bhagavad-Gita will be performed along with bhajans and devotional songs on Lord Krishna on this auspicious occasion.
OTHER NAMES FOR KRISHNA JAYANTHI:
Krishna Jayanthi is also known as Sri Krishna Jayanthi, Krishna Janmashtami, Krishnashtami, Gokulashtami, Yadukula Ashtami, Sri Jayanthi, Ashtami Rohini, Nandotsavam, and Saatam atham.
RITUALS OF KRISHNA JAYANTHI:
Krishna Jayanthi is a Hindu festival celebrated on behalf of Lord Krishna’s birthday which is most special for Vaishnavas and Gaudiya Vaishnavism. This auspicious day is celebrated with various processes and events in different places.
Various events celebrated during this festival are as follows;
Dahi Handi – It is also known as Makhan Handi which is an earthen pot of yogurt. In this utsavam, the yogurt pot is kept at a height out of reach and a group or team of young boys and men (called Govinda pathakas) makes a pyramid form, reaches the top, and attempts to break the pot. As they do, girls around them, tease, sing, dance, and cheer them up. The winner at last will be rewarded.
This is celebrated in order to remind the mischievous little Krishna’s legend of stealing milk products during his childhood which got him the nickname Makhan chor (Makhan- butter and chor- thief).
Other celebrations such as;
- Traditional kite flying festival by people of all ages.
- Dance drama will be performed denoting the life happenings of Lord Krishna, Known as Krishna Lila, Rasa Lila, etc.
- Children will be decorated as Krishna, Radha, and Balram during this Krishna Jayanthi festival in remembrance of Krishna’s birthday
- Night vigil is celebrated with continuous dance, music, and other events which are also known as Ratri Jagaran.
- Puja and offerings will be done for lord Krishna at all the holy places.
- Favorite dishes of Lord Krishna such as honey, sugar, jaggery, curd, milk, ghee, butter, yogurt, fruits, kheer, and other milk-related sweets are made and offered to Lord Krishna which will be provided as prasad after the pooja gets over.
- Upavasa or fasting will be undertaken by devotees and the offerings, sweets will be shared among friends and relatives.
BENEFITS OF CELEBRATING KRISHNA JAYANTHI:
Krishna Jayanthi festival is celebrated mainly for the benefits of children and their welfare.
This Krishna Jayanthi festival is celebrated with the main significance of obtaining a child boon for the couple who have been suffering for so long without a child.
- This Krishna Jayanthi festival provides us with eternal blessings.
- Fulfillments of all our goals, wishes, and desires.
- Provides an abundance of joy and happiness in one’s life.
- This provides Material and spiritual growth.
- It helps to build happy relationships among people.
- Protects us from evil and negative forces.
- Provides us with abundance and success.
- The unmarried woman may get the husband she wished for.
- Bless us with progeny and long healthy life.
- Removes obstacles and implies financial stability in one’s life.
- Helps to overcome all the sufferings and past karmic sins.
- Provides luck, fortune, success, pride, joy, and prosperity in life.
MANTRAS TO BE CHANTED ON KRISHNA JAYANTHI:
The right time to chant these mantras is between 4 am- 6 am which is called Bharma Muhurt.
‘ஓம் நமோ பகவதே வாசுதேவாய’
– Chant this mantra 108 times to receive the blessing of Lord Krishna
KRISHNA MOOLA MANTRA:
“Om Krishnaya Namah”
SRI KRISHNA MAHA MANTRA:
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
SRI KRISHNA GAYATHIRI MANTRA:
Om Devaki Nandaya Vidmahe Vasudevaya Dheemahi
Tanno Krishna Prachodayat.
Om Damodaraya Vidhmahe Rukmani Vallabhay Dheemahe
Tanno Krishna Prachodayath
KRISHNA MANTRA FOR SUCCESS:
Om Shri Krishnah Sharanam Mamah
Jathaha Kamsavadarthaya Bhoobharotharanayacha|
Kouravanam Vinashaya Dhaityanam Nidhanaya Cha ||
Pandavanam Hitharthaya Dharamasamsthapanaya Cha|
GruhanaArghyam Maya Dhatham Devakya Sahitho Hare ||
Kshirodharnava Sambhootha AthiGotraSamudhbhava |
GruhanaArghyam Maya Dhatham Rhohinya Sahitho Shashin ||
MANTRA TO START POOJA:
Krishnaya vasudevaya devaki nanda nayacha
Nandagopa kumaraya sri govindhaya namo namaha
Krishnaya vasudevaya haraye paramatmane
Pranathah klesha naashaya govindhaya namonamaha
MANTRA TO END POOJA:
Kayena vacha manasendriyairva
Buddhyatmana va prakrite swabhavath
Karomi yadyad sakalam parasmai
Sriman narayanayeti samarpayami
OTHER MANTRAS AND SONGS IN PRAISE OF LORD KRISHNA:
- Sri Krishna Ashtottara
- Dwadasa Sthothra
- Geetha Govindham
- Sri Madh Narayaneeyam
- Krishna ganamrutham
- Krishna Kavasam
- Bhagavad Gita
- 108 Names of Lord Krishna
BENEFITS OF CHANTING LORD KRISHNA’S MANTRAS:
Chanting these mantras of Lord Krishna on his auspicious day will provide us with enormous blessings and benefits such as,
- Helps to remove our fear and confusion in life
- Helps to enhance and improve confidence, courage, and willpower to face all the challenges
- Helps to cure disease and promotes the strength and wellbeing of the person.
- Helps to fill our life with joy, happiness, and prosperity.
- Helps students with knowledge, skills, and intelligence in all their aspects.
- Helps to gain professional growth and success as a whole.
- Helps to promote financial stability by removing poverty from a person’s life.
Buy Krishna Brass Idols :
May this divine auspicious day enrich all your life with love, peace, harmony and shower the blessings of Lord Krishna.
“HAPPY KRISHNA JAYANTHI 2023”