Kumaran Kundru Murugan Temple History – குமரன் குன்றம் முருகன் ஆலயம் வரலாறு:
Kumaran Kundru Temple History:
- Few centuries back, the cow herds who were grazing their cattle in the hill slope, found a damaged idol with different parts around. When they joined those parts together, they found it was a Murugan idol.
- After that the elders in the village built a small temple for murugan and started worshiping. After some days a blind stranger visited that place and advised the villagers that worshiping the damaged idol was not auspicious.
- So that the villagers have to go for a new idol along with his consorts Valli and Dheivanai.
Kalyana Subramanya Swamy Temple Annur, Coimbatore District:
Festival Days Of Kumaran Kundru:
- During the first day of the Tamil month of chithirai (April -May) the sun rays fall on the feet of Murugan and it is believed that the sun god worships Murugan.
- On that day devotees start coming to the temple on the previous night itself and do Bhajaans to see this rare sight in the morning. Giri valam also performed during Thaipusam.
- When the temple is pulled all the communities are invited to join that without any discrimination.
- In panguni uthiram festival, theertham is brought from Kodumudi. It is will kept on Manneeswarar temple Annur later it will brought here for abhishekam.
- A belief of devotees is that people who are suffering from mental issues will be brought here and the darshan of Lord Murugan will cure them.
Shivan And Parvati Shrine at Kumaran Kundru:
- Shiva and Parvati are also present here as Vaitheeswaran and Thaiyal Nayaki and their shrines are on the side of the Murugan Shrine with separate vimanam.
- There are also separate shrines for Vinayagar, Navagrahams, Veerabahu and Arunagirinathar and Hanuman. This is also the only place where there is a separate shrine for Pulipani Siddhar. Which is located near the thorana vasal. This Kumaran Kundru Temple is also Known as Kalyana Subramanya Swamy Temple.
- This place is located around 30 kms from Coimbatore to Mettupalayam Road. There is a thorough road to the temple from Karamadai. It is a small hillock on the top of the temple which is SHRI KALYANA SUBRAMANYASWAMY.
- The hill is very easy to climb which is hardly 100 feet in height. It is believed that Subramanya swamy himself was present here.
Festival Of The Kumaran Kundru Temple:
- Thai krithigai,
- Vaikasi Visakam,
There will be a special Abhishekam and Aradhanai will be held with Girivalam around this holy hill.
குமரன் குன்றம் முருகன் கோவில் சிறப்பு:
Kalyana Subramanya Swamy Temple Kumaran Kundru Temple in Mettupalayam Speciality:
- In kumaran kundru temple lord Murugan is worshiped along with Valli and Deivanai and is also known as Kalyana Subramania Swamy.
- On the Tamil New Year, the sun rays fall on the feet of Murugan and it is believed that the sun god is worshiping Murugan.
குமரன் குன்றம் முருகன் கோவில் திறக்கும் நேரம்:
Kumaran Kundru Temple Timings:
The timings of Kumaran kundru temple is open from
5.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
3.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Kumaran Kundru Temple Address in Mettupalayam:
The kumaran kundru temple is located at pogalur village, Annur Taluk, Coimbatore District, Mettupalayam Road,