Here we can see Sashti Vratham’s procedure and Kandha Sashti Viratham’s benefits.
Shashi viratham is a Hindu ritual festival performed by south Indian Hindus in the month of November. People during this ritual shasti pooja will fast for six days continuously in order to receive blessings from the god of Murugan.
Sashti Viratham 2023 Procedure and Benefits of Sashti Viratham is necessary to know when we are fasting for Murugan. Sashti is a day for fasting. This is a special day for Lord Murugan. On this day people will fast for six days continuously in order to receive the blessings of the God Muruga.
Sashti Tithi is the day on which the festival is celebrated for Arumugam when Ipasi is born.
Why Do We Take Shasti Viratham?
- Shastri and Viratham both come for Fasting. Shasti viratham normally comes for six days. On this Sashti viratham day people continuously do fasting for six days in order to seek blessing from God Murugan.
கந்த சஷ்டி விரதம் இருப்பது எப்படி?
விரதம் மேற்கொள்ளும் முறை
How to do Sashti Viratham:
- Devotees on this day get up early, take bath, worship Lord Muruga in-home or temple and observe fast for the whole day, and chant the “Kandha Sashti Kavacham”. And do prayers and offer flowers, kumkum, and incense sticks.
- Fasting begins with sunrise and ends the next morning. On Sashti day devotees only need to take fruits, coconut water, and juice alone on all six days or take one meal for the day.
மாத சஷ்டி விரதம் கடைபிடிக்கும் முறை?
How to Do Monthly Shasti Viratham or How to Observe Shasti Viratham?
- Shasti viratham is a famous fasting day for Lord Murugan, Skanda is a son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
- Skanda is a younger brother of Lord Ganesha.
Lord Skand is popularly known as Murugan, Karthikeya, and Subramanya in the south and North India.
- He is the main Hindu deity among all the Tamil gods.
- Shastri viratham for six days. This Shasti viratham is begin in the early morning at sunrise. With getting a blessing from lord Surya Bhagavan we can start our fasting and this fasting will be broken the next day morning with the help of Surya Bhagavan.
- On this fasting, we can visit Subramanya Swamy temple and sing god Murugan songs. But this is not necessary for those who have jobs and schools. They do prayer in the home.
- We should take vegetarian foods only on fasting days.
- This food-taking method will differ from place to place.
- We can take one meal for the day or take milk, fruits, juices, and other liquid items on the viratham days.
- Reading or hearing the story or song of Skanda Shasti Kavasam.
Temples That are Dedicated To God Murugan:
Following Temple are the Six Abodes of Lord Murugan
வளர்பிறை சஷ்டி விரதம்:
What is Valarpirai Shashti Viratham?
Valarpirai is a most auspicious day for all the good things and festivals. As per the Tamil calendar, we do poojas, viratham, and functions on Valarpirai days. Normally Valarpirai Shasti comes after Amavasai in each Hindu month. It is called a Shukla Paksha Sashti. Valarpirai Shasti is observed as Murugan Sashti Viratham in south India like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, and other states.
தேய்பிறை சஷ்டி விரதம்:
What is Theipirai Shashti Viratham?
There are two types of Shasti viratham that come after Amavasai and Pournami days. Normally Theipirai Shasti comes after Pournami in each Hindu month.
சஷ்டி விரதம் உணவு முறை :
What Can We Eat On Sashti Viratham?
- Shastri Viratham is best for health because fasting is not only good for getting blessings but is also a good habit for maintaining a strong and healthy body and reducing anger and making a calm mind.
- On this Shashti Viratham day, devotees visit Lord Subramanya Swamy Temples.
- For the six days, devotees only take one meal for the day. It can be either lunch or dinner.
- Fasting means taking a single meal for the day, taking fruits, milk, water, juices, and coconut water alone on all six days.
- During the fasting time, you should not consume any foods or liquids items outside due to the purity of the fasting.
Kanda Shashti Pooja Products:
- God Murugan brass Idol,
- Auspicious Karthikeya Yantra,
- Karthikeya Ring,
- Karthikeyan Vel,
- Sandal Powder,
சஷ்டி விரதம் நன்மைகள்:
முருகனுடைய அறுபடை வீடுகளிலும் இந்த நாளில் விசேஷ பூஜைகள் நடத்தப்படுகின்றன. மாதாமாதம் வரும் இந்த நாளில் வீட்டிலேயே இப்படியான எளிய விரதத்தை மேற்கொண்டால் மனதில் நினைத்த விஷயங்கள் அப்படியே நடக்கும். உணவு அருந்தாமல் அந்த நாளில் விரதம் இருந்து முருகனை நினைத்து, பக்தி பாடல்களை பாடினால் கேட்ட வரம் கிடைக்கும்.
Benefits of Sashti Viratham:
- Sashti is a Hindu term for the practice of fasting on the 6th lunar day after every Full moon and New moon.
- It is a powerful Vratham that gives you the blessings to fulfill your wishes. While fasting you should chant mantras and do charity.
- Singing Kantha Shasti Kavacham brings peace of mind and energy.
- It is often said that Sashti fasting is good for the child to be blessed. If we fast with faith in Lord Murugan, Lord Murugan will bless us with not only child blessings but also all kinds of riches.
- If you fast on Sashti and worship Lord Murugan, you will have the opportunity to warm up the wedding evening. To be blessed with a baby.