குமரன் குன்றம் முருகன் ஆலயம் வரலாறு:
Kumaran Kundru Temple History:
- Few centuries back, the cow herds who were grazing their cattle in the hill slope, found a damaged idol with different parts around. When they joined those parts together, they found it was a Murugan idol.
- After that the elders in the village built a small temple for murugan and started worshiping. After some days a blind stranger visited that place and advised the villagers that worshiping the damaged idol was not auspicious.
- So that the villagers have to go for a new idol along with his consorts Valli and Dheivanai.
Kalyana Subramanya Swamy Temple Annur, Coimbatore District:
Festival Days Of Kumaran Kundru:
- During the first day of the Tamil month of chithirai (April -May) the sun rays fall on the feet of Murugan and it is believed that the sun god worships Murugan.
- On that day devotees start coming to the temple on the previous night itself and do Bhajaans to see this rare sight in the morning. Giri valam also performed during Thaipusam.
- When the temple is pulled all the communities are invited to join that without any discrimination.
- In panguni uthiram festival, theertham is brought from Kodumudi. It is will kept on Manneeswarar temple Annur later it will brought here for abhishekam.
- A belief of devotees is that people who are suffering from mental issues will be brought here and the darshan of Lord Murugan will cure them.
Shivan And Parvati Shrine:
- Shiva and Parvati are also present here as Vaitheeswaran and Thaiyal Nayaki and their shrines are on the side of the Murugan Shrine with separate vimanam.
- There are also separate shrines for Vinayagar, Navagrahams, Veerabahu and Arunagirinathar and Hanuman. This is also the only place where there is a separate shrine for Pulipani Siddhar. Which is located near the thorana vasal. This Kumaran Kundru Temple is also Known as Kalyana Subramanya Swamy Temple.
Location Of Kumaran Kundru Temple:
- This place is located around 30 kms from Coimbatore to Mettupalayam Road. There is a thorough road to the temple from Karamadai. It is a small hillock on the top of the temple which is SHRI KALYANA SUBRAMANYASWAMY.
- The hill is very easy to climb which is hardly 100 feet in height. It is believed that Subramanya swamy himself was present here.
Festival Of The Kumaran Kundru Temple:
- Thai krithigai,
- Vaikasi Visakam,
There will be a special Abhishekam and Aradhanai will be held with Girivalam around this holy hill.
குமரன் குன்றம் முருகன் கோவில் சிறப்பு:
Kalyana Subramanya Swamy Temple Kumaran Kundru Temple in Mettupalayam Speciality:
- In kumaran kundru temple lord Murugan is worshiped along with Valli and Deivanai and is also known as Kalyana Subramania Swamy.
- On the Tamil New Year, the sun rays fall on the feet of Murugan and it is believed that the sun god is worshiping Murugan.
குமரன் குன்றம் முருகன் கோவில் திறக்கும் நேரம்:
Kumaran Kundru Temple Timings:
The timings of Kumaran kundru temple is open from
5.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
3.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Kumaran Kundru Temple Address in Mettupalayam:
The kumaran kundru temple is located at pogalur village, Annur Taluk, Coimbatore District, Mettupalayam Road,